Testing & RemediationHow to test: There are a number of free tools that help you analyze the readability of text. We recommend checking your content in either the readabilityformulas.com or the Datayze readability analyzer. How to remediate: If your content is written in a way that requires a higher level of education to comprehend, you'll need to provide at least one of the following:
- Text summary that can be understood by people with lower secondary education level reading ability
- Providing visual illustrations, pictures, and/or symbols to help explain ideas, events & processes
- Providing a spoken version of the text
- Making the text easier to read
- Providing sign language version of information, ideas and processes that must be understood in order to use the content
Questions and Answers
My page looks good visually, but am not sure if it's structure is layed out properly, or if I used the right elements. How am I supposed to know, or is there not 'one right way' to do it?
As an example, let's suppose I want to write the following. 'The french word bonjour means hello in english.' My sites language is english, but I would like screen readers to know that 'bonjour' is written in french. Is that something I should even bother...