Where receiving and then removing pointer hover or keyboard focus triggers additional content to become visible and then hidden, the following are true:
A mechanism is available to dismiss the additional content without moving pointer hover or keyboard focus, unless the additional content communicates an input error or does not obscure or replace other content;
If pointer hover can trigger the additional content, then the pointer can be moved over the additional content without the additional content disappearing;
The additional content remains visible until the hover or focus trigger is removed, the user dismisses it, or its information is no longer valid.
Exception: The visual presentation of the additional content is controlled by the user agent and is not modified by the author.
Testing & RemediationHow to test:
- Zoom the page to 200% and trigger all content that becomes visible on hover or focus.
- Confirm the trigger for the content is still visible.
- Confirm the content remains visible when the pointer is hovered over the rendered content.
- Confirm the content remains visible until the content is dismissed, or is no longer relevant.
- Use ARIA role="tooltip"
- Use CSS hover & focus pseudo classes