Testing & RemediationHow to test: In order to test for this Success Criterion, you will need to keyboard navigate your website & confirm that everything that can be done with a mouse can be done with the keyboard alone.
- Navigate and operate every interactive elements (buttons, links, navigation, widgets, etc)
- Any place where a mouse can be used to select elements, ensure the same items can be selected while using only a keyboard
- Use the keyboard to switch between tabs and then continue to navigate within the selected tab
- If an object can be manipulated using the mouse (eg. resizing), ensure that it can also be manipulated using the keyboard
- Using only the keyboard, verify that you can open, interact with and close modal dialog boxes and overlays
- Confirm that there are no specific, timed sequences of keystrokes for any functionalities
Questions and Answers
When I tab through the elements on my site with the keyboard everything is almost perfect except for a couple case where it looks like the order is messed up. How can I change the order the elements on my page are given focus when...
I've been reading about how I need to make sure my site can be navigated with a keyboard. Honestly, I'm not even sure where to start because I don't know what button I would hit on my keyboard. How do I navigate a website with...
I see a lot of WordPress websites (and websites in generally really) using sliders for images and information. I can see how it would be really easy to make an accessible slider. Are there any 'out of the box' accessible WordPress sliders?