In content implemented using markup languages, the purpose of User Interface Components, icons, and regions can be programmatically determined.
Testing & RemediationHow to test: Since there are multiple parts to this Success Criteria, you'll need to test each one individually:
- View your HTML to verify that sections like header, navigation, main content area and so on are identified properly for easier navigation.
- Inspect the HTLM of your icons to ensure there are accurate text alternatives.
- View your HTML to verify that different subheadings like H2, H3 and H3 are differentiated.
- Use ARIA landmarks to identify the different regions of the page
- Provide semantics that enables for symbols on key content
- Use microdata to markup user interface components
Questions and Answers
This question depends on a number of factors including size of site, desired level of conformance, your developer's understanding of accessibility techniques, etc. Accessible Web is here to help. Reach out and we can discuss your site specifically.