For prerecorded audio-only and prerecorded video-only media, the following are true, except when the audio or video is a media alternative for text and is clearly labeled as such:
Prerecorded Audio-only: An alternative for time-based media is provided that presents equivalent information for prerecorded audio-only content.
Prerecorded Video-only: Either an alternative for time-based media or an audio track is provided that presents equivalent information for prerecorded video-only content.
Testing & RemediationHow to test: Identify any audio-only (eg audio recordings) or video-only (eg educational animations, silent movies) and ensure there is a text alternative/transcript. For audio-only content:
- View the audio-only content while referring to the alternative for time-based media.
- Check that the dialogue in the transcript matches the dialogue and information presented in the audio-only presentation.
- If the audio includes multiple voices, check that the transcript identifies who is speaking for all dialogue.
- Check that at least one of the following is true:
- The transcript itself can be programmatically determined from the text alternative for the audio-only content
- The transcript is referred to from the programmatically determined text alternative for the audio-only content
- If the alternate version(s) are on a separate page, check for the availability of link(s) to allow the user to get to the other versions.
- If the content is prerecorded audio-only:
- Provide a transcript of the audio, including identification of who is speaking, as well as other significant sounds that are part of the recording (applause, laughter, etc)
- If the content is prerecorded video-only:
- Provide an alternative audio track that describes the content being shown in the video.
Questions and Answers
- A combination audio/video
- Audio and or video combined with an interaction.