I see that one of the web accessibility guidelines is 'Time-based Media'. What is that?
Time-based media is content that must be made accessible when held against criterion 1.2 of the WCAG 2.0 guidelines found here: https://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/media-equiv.html Content is considered time-based media if it's:
- A combination audio/video
- Audio and or video combined with an interaction.
Applicable Success Criteria
- 1.2.1 Audio-only and Video-only (Prerecorded) Level A
- 1.2.2 Captions (Prerecorded) Level A
- 1.2.3 Audio Description or Media Alternative (Prerecorded) Level A
- 1.2.4 Captions (Live) Level AA
- 1.2.5 Audio Description (Prerecorded) Level AA
- 1.2.6 Sign Language (Prerecorded) Level AAA
- 1.2.7 Extended Audio Description (Prerecorded) Level AAA
- 1.2.8 Media Alternative (Prerecorded) Level AAA
- 1.2.9 Audio-only (Live) Level AAA
- Guideline 1.2 - Time-based Media