For user interface components with labels that include text or images of text, the name contains the text that is presented visually.
*A best practice is to have the text of the label at the start of the name.
Testing & RemediationHow to test: Check your site or app for any functionality that requires labels. For those items, make sure:
- The accessible name contains the visible label text
- The accessible name contains the words of the visible label in the same order as the visible label text
- The accessible name doesn't include other words interspersed in the label
- Include the text of the visible label as part of the accessible name
- Match the accessible name to the visible label
Questions and Answers
This question depends on a number of factors including size of site, desired level of conformance, your developer's understanding of accessibility techniques, etc. Accessible Web is here to help. Reach out and we can discuss your site specifically.