The size of the target for pointer inputs is at least 24 by 24 CSS pixels, except where:
- Spacing: Undersized targets (those less than 24 by 24 CSS pixels) are positioned so that if a 24 CSS pixel diameter circle is centered on the bounding box of each, the circles do not intersect another target or the circle for another undersized target;
- Equivalent: The function can be achieved through a different control on the same page that meets this criterion;
- Inline: The target is in a sentence or its size is otherwise constrained by the line-height of non-target text;
- User agent control: The size of the target is determined by the user agent and is not modified by the author;
- Essential: A particular presentation of the target is essential or is legally required for the information being conveyed.
Questions & Answers
My web content is for desktop only, not for touchscreen mobile devices. Why do the interactive elements still need to be a minimum target size?
- target size
- touch screen