When an authenticated session expires, the user can continue the activity without loss of data after re-authenticating.
Testing & RemediationHow to test: On a site that requires user login to submit data,
- Log in and begin the timed activity.
- Allow the session to time out.
- Submit the data.
- Check that the process can continue and be completed without loss of data, including the original data and any changes made after re-authentication.
- Use browser events to keep the session alive even before the form is submitted
- If the session is about to expire, save as a draft.
- If the session is expired, use a lightbox to get credentials again.
Questions and Answers
This question depends on a number of factors including size of site, desired level of conformance, your developer's understanding of accessibility techniques, etc. Accessible Web is here to help. Reach out and we can discuss your site specifically.