[View on W3C.org]
Testing & Remediation How to test:
On a site that requires user login to submit data,
How to remediate:
- Log in and begin the timed activity.
- Allow the session to time out.
- Submit the data.
- Check that the process can continue and be completed without loss of data, including the original data and any changes made after re-authentication.
There are a few ways to handle issues related to this success criterion. One such was is to refresh the server and keep the session alive. Monitor a few events, like keypress, clicks etc. This will refresh the session in a legitimate way, as long as it gives a clue that the user is there.
- Use browser events to keep the session alive even before the form is submitted
- If the session is about to expire, save as a draft.
- If the session is expired, use a lightbox to get credentials again.