My site contains alot of artwork, graphics, and some photography. My question is whether or not I need to do anything if they don't meet requirements. Or do they get a pass?
Artwork and images themselves do not need to meet accessibility requirements.
Applicable Success Criteria
- 1.1.1 Non-text Content Level A
- 1.4.1 Use of Color Level A
- 1.4.3 Contrast (Minimum) Level AA
- 1.4.5 Images of Text Level AA
- 1.4.6 Contrast (Enhanced) Level AAA
- 1.4.8 Visual Presentation Level AAA
- 1.4.9 Images of Text (No Exception) Level AAA
- Guideline 1.1 – Text Alternatives
- Guideline 1.4 - Distinguishable
- Principle 1 – Perceivable