Accessible Web is a web accessibility company headquartered in Burlington VT. The website accessibility space is expanding quickly and is new to many people in the development community. We are looking for someone to join us that is willing to learn a new skill set (training will be provided) and become dedicated to improving the lives of others through your meaningful work.
Summary of the Position
Accessible Web has an immediate opening for a Web Accessibility Auditor. The Web Accessibility Auditor will audit websites & web applications and test user interfaces against the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), as well as provide consultation about how to most effectively implement remediations. The ideal candidate will have technical experience working with HTML and CSS, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and have strong attention to detail.
- Auditing & Testing – The Web Accessibility Auditor will audit client’s websites and web apps for WCAG conformance through both manual tests and automated tools.
- Remediation Consulting – The Accessibility Analyst will provide technical guidance so that accessibility barriers are removed from current or new UI components.
- Results Reporting – The Web Accessibility Auditor will deliver audit results via Accessible Web Console (our platform). They will review the results with the Web Accessibility Specialist so that the information can be effectively conveyed to the client.
- Technical Experience – We are looking for someone with a solid understanding of web development technologies and how they impact the user experience. Experience with HTML is required but developing user interfaces is not.
- Communication Skills – You should be able to clearly and effectively communicate with our team in both written and verbal fashion. Your writing skills should show a high attention to detail and your verbal communication should be formal. You should have the ability to communicate complex topics succinctly. It is crucial that the Web Accessibility Auditor is able to describe WCAG failures & their recommended remediation techniques in a concise manner.
- Testing Focus – A large part of the job involves testing interfaces and validating that they conform to WCAG requirements. A desire to improve the web for all people, regardless of ability, is critical.
- Organized and Disciplined – We are looking for someone that can focus and log billable hours on their own, over extended periods of time without much management oversight.
Core Competencies for Success:
Strong attention to detail, persistent drive for problem solving, demonstrated organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, ability to work independently and within a team, highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable to changing priorities / deadlines, ability to think critically and be creative.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salaries commensurate with experience
- Full health benefits including dental and vision coverage
- 401k with company match
- Wellness Stipend
- 15 days PTO per year for new employees
- 8 company holidays per year + end of year closing
- Flex schedule
- Casual dress code
- Fun, small company atmosphere!