The website accessibility space is expanding quickly and is new to many people. We are looking for someone to join our engineering team that is willing to learn and become dedicated to improving the lives of others through your meaningful work.
Summary of the Position
Accessible Web has an opening for a Full Stack Software Engineer. This person will be a part of our engineering team working on our Accessible Web Console web app, browser extensions, internal tools, and marketing website. They will be responsible for writing clean, functional and tested code that other members of the team will be delighted to work with. The ideal candidate is comfortable with both implementing front end user experiences and developing back-end website architecture.
- Directly contribute to the engineering team by pushing quality, tested code that other members of the team will be delighted to work with.
- Design and implement user experiences to solve problems brought to their attention by members of the team.
- Maintain and enhance our existing back end servers and services and design new ones.
- See a problem – fix a problem. The Full Stack Software Engineer will be living in the codebases that our users directly interact with. If they come across a problem or pinpoint areas for improvement it is their responsibility to suggest and implement solutions.
- Consistently implement web accessibility best practices. Accessibility is not optional – especially not here. All work must meet accessibility standards.
- A very good understanding of HTML and CSS
- Not all HTML is good – candidates must understand how to create meaningful, semantic, accessible HTML.
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors like sass or less.
- Experience with frameworks like Bootstrap, or Foundation.
- Solid understanding of Vanilla JS (core concepts) and working within frameworks.
- Experience with toolkits and bundlers such as Gulp or Webpack.
- Expertise with Server Side Development using languages such as Python, PHP or NodeJS
- Proficiency with Relational and NoSQL Databases such as PostgreSql or DynamoDB
- Experience with AWS technologies and Containerized Deployment
- Experience using version control and project management software to coordinate work and features with a team of people.
- Experience with Accessibility Best Practices and WCAG Preferred
- IAAP Certifications are a plus
- Experience with Django a plus
Core Competencies for Success
Strong attention to detail, persistent drive for problem solving, demonstrated organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, ability to work independently and within a team, highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable to changing priorities / deadlines, ability to think critically and be creative.
Compensation & Benefits
- $70-75k Salary
- Full health benefits including dental and vision coverage
- 401k with company match
- Wellness Stipend
- 15 days PTO per year for new employees
- 8 company holidays per year + end of year closing
- In-Office / Remote Hybrid with Flex scheduling
- Fun, small company atmosphere!