The website accessibility space is expanding quickly and is new to many people. We are looking for someone to join our engineering team that is willing to learn and become dedicated to improving the lives of others through your meaningful work.
Summary of the Position
- Directly contribute to the engineering team by pushing quality, tested code that other members of the team will be delighted to work with.
- Design and implement user experiences to solve problems brought to their attention by a project leader or other members of the team.
- See a problem – fix a problem. The Front End Web Engineer will be living in the codebases that our users directly interact with. If they come across a problem or pinpoint areas for improvement it is their responsibility to suggest and implement solutions.
- Stay up to date on front end technologies, both those Accessible Web uses and those that could help us deliver our services more efficiently in the future.
- Consistently implement web accessibility best practices. Accessibility is not optional – especially not here. All work must meet accessibility standards.
- A very good understanding of HTML.
- Not all HTML is good – candidates must understand how to create meaningful, semantic, accessible HTML.
- Proficiency with CSS
- Knowledge of preprocessors like sass or less preferred.
- Experience with CSS frameworks like Bootstrap, or Foundation is a plus.
- Solid understanding of Vanilla JS (core concepts) and working within frameworks.
- Familiarity with toolkits and bundlers such as Gulp or Webpack is a plus.
- React.js experience and understanding preferred
- Experience using version control to coordinate work and features with a team of people.
- An eye for design, with experience building user interfaces and experiences that please everyone that uses them.
- Basic photo & design software experience is a plus.
Core Competencies for Success:
Strong attention to detail, persistent drive for problem solving, demonstrated organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, ability to work independently and within a team, highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable to changing priorities / deadlines, ability to think critically and be creative.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salaries commensurate with experience
- Full health benefits including dental and vision coverage
- 401k with company match
- Wellness Stipend
- 15 days PTO per year for new employees
- 8 company holidays per year + end of year closing
- Flex schedule
- Casual dress code
- Fun, small company atmosphere!