SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
We’re looking for a unique candidate for a unique position. We operate two website-related companies and are looking for someone that can help us to better manage finance and people between the two organizations.
Bytes.co is an established digital agency providing website design and development, hosting & support and digital marketing to businesses and organizations mostly located in the Northeast US. Bytes.co has 350+ clients and 22 employees. We’ve consistently grown the business every year with the exception of last year’s Q2 Covid-19 setbacks.
Accessible Web is our web accessibility startup that spun out of Bytes.co in 2019. Accessible Web offers tools and services to help businesses and organizations upgrade their websites to meet the “Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)”. WCAG makes websites accessible and compatible with the assistive technologies that people with disabilities use to browse the web. Accessible Web has 10 employees and approximately 30 current customers. We are planning to grow Accessible Web aggressively in the coming years.
This role would report to Peter Jewett, the founder and CEO of both companies. Our primary goal is finding somebody to manage our bookkeeping and finances. Our secondary goal is finding someone to manage HR, payroll, and help with hiring. We’re looking for someone that is experienced, mature, and can confidently juggle multiple responsibilities. Help us be more strategic about forward-looking planning to maximize growth!
- Manage two companies in Quickbooks Online that are separate with some overlapping recording.
- Manage Bytes.co customer invoicing at the beginning of each month and responding to billing inquiries throughout the month.
- Manage Accessible Web service and subscription revenue throughout the month
- Manage company expenses throughout the month.
- Manage month-end settlement of accounts and reporting to management team and ownership.
- Updating company projections monthly with current actual numbers.
- Organizing periodic and year-end tax reporting requirements.
- Manage bi-weekly payroll for both companies through Paychex
- Manage Benefits administration – healthcare, dental, vision, and wellness stipends
- Play a role in identifying upcoming staffing needs and feasibility
- Play a role in creating and posting job listings and providing the initial filtering of applicants.
- Play a leadership role within the company for HR matters.
- 3-5 years in a similar office environment, meeting deadlines and often multitasking
- Degree or certificate in bookkeeping or accounting
- Strong expertise in working with QuickBooks and a solid understanding of accounting best practices and reconciling accounts.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Google Products, and other software programs.
- Strong analytical skills. Must be able to understand not just what, but why something is being asked, and contribute to a solution
- Strong writing skills
- Exceptional “can-do” attitude and willingness to take on new challenges
Nice to Have
- Degree or certificate in Human Resources
- Experience with managing payroll and benefits administration
- Familiarity with Invoiced.com, Stripe, and/or Cryptocurrency
- Past-experience with rapidly scaling a company
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Pay commensurate with experience, plenty of room for career growth
- Flexible schedule, work from home and office
- Health, vision, dental insurance
- 401k with employer matching
- Monthly wellness stipend