Accessible Web is headquartered at HULA in Burlington VT. The website accessibility industry is expanding quickly and we’re continuing to disrupt and lead the charge in helping web teams identify, understand, and fix web accessibility issues in order to make the web more accessible for everyone. We’ve recently closed on a round of funding that will allow us to rapidly grow our team and customer base in 2021.
Summary of the Position
Accessible Web has an immediate opening for a UI/UX Designer to join our Sales & Marketing Team. Primarily, we’re looking for an individual with strong design skills who can help make data-driven decisions to improve our website and web application to improve user adoption and customer retention. Secondarily, we’re looking for someone to create assets such as landing pages, display ads, social media assets, and simple videos.
Basically, we’re a very technical team and we’re looking for someone to take our visuals to the next level. You’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base. We currently have a Sales & Marketing team member with a solid inbound marketing foundation and great close rate. We’re currently also hiring a SaaS Marketing Associate to create a three-person Sales & Marketing team.
Our team is currently fully remote. We’re in the process of fitting up our office at HULA in Burlington, VT, at which point COVID-vaccinated local team members can work in our office. This is a full-time salaried position with an expected 40-hour workweek. All Accessible Web team members are provided with the opportunity to attain a Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC) accreditation.
- Design of Marketing Website (https://accessibleweb.com)
- Design of SaaS Application (https://console.accessibleweb.com)
- Social Media & Advertising Assets
- Design Experience – You should have a portfolio of digital design work that showcases your style and ability to flex your original work to meet brand guidelines. You should be comfortable working with a design system to create html elements such as menus, forms, tabs, tables that work on all device sizes. You should be a pro at Photoshop, Illustrator and wireframe tools like InVision.
- UI/UX Experience – You should have experience with gathering and evaluating user requirements with our engineering and accessibility teams and illustrating design ideas with sitemaps, process flows, and storyboards. You should be comfortable with doing A/B testing with tools like HotJar to analyze and improve website and web app performance.
- Communication Skills – You should be able to clearly and effectively communicate with our team in both written and verbal fashion. Your writing skills should show a high attention to detail.
- Organized and Disciplined – We are looking for someone that can work independently and carve out this role. There won’t be a ton of oversight from management, but we need you to use data and your skills to make our assets look and work awesome.
Core Competencies for Success:
Creativity, strong attention to detail, persistent drive for problem solving, demonstrated organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, ability to work independently and within a team, highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable to changing priorities / deadlines, ability to think critically.
Compensation & Benefits
- $45k – $55k salary
- Full health benefits including dental and vision coverage
- 401k with company match
- Wellness Stipend
- 15 days PTO per year for new employees
- 8 company holidays per year + end of year closing (Christmas – Jan 2)
- Flex schedule
- Casual dress code (if in-office)
- Fun, small company atmosphere!